In the iFit Coach app, workout recommendations are only available with a Premium membership. As a Premium iFit member, you'll receive three recommended workouts every day that satisfy your workout calorie burn goal. We'll adapt your workouts based on a number of factors, including your daily activity, exercise goal (workout calorie burn goal), and workout preferences.
HOW DO I ADJUST MY WORKOUT PREFERENCES?
Your workout preferences affect the workout recommendations that you'll receive.
- From the app menu, tap the "Settings" gear icon in the top right corner.
- Select "Fitness Plan Settings" from the list.
- For workout intensity, daily activity level, primary fitness goal, and preferred workout time, tap the preference, change what you want, and tap save.
- For preferred workout days and exercise equipment, use the toggles to adjust your preferences.
HOW DO I COMPLETE A RECOMMENDED WORKOUT?
All workouts you would like to complete need to be downloaded. Follow the instructions below to download and complete a workout in the iFit Coach app.
- From "Today's Plan" on your "Home" screen, tap the blue "Exercise" section.
- The section will expand and below you'll see your three workout recommendations.
- Tap your desired workout to view additional details.
- From there, tap the blue download button (right above the workout title to the right). Workouts take about 5–10 seconds to download depending on your Wi-Fi or data service.
- Once the workout has downloaded, tap the play button to start.
- After you've completed all the movements or ended the workout, you'll see your workout summary totals.
- Tap the check mark in the top right corner to save your workout.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TIME AND REP WORKOUT?
Time-based workouts include a list of movements to complete in a specific time, whereas rep-based workouts include a specific number of repetitions to complete for each movement.
To progress to the next movement in a workout, follow the instructions below.
How to progress to the next movement in a Time Workout:
- Start a time-based workout.
- Perform the current movement.
- The next movement will automatically start after the timer expires. If you want to progress to the next movement before the timer expires, tap the blue arrow in the bottom right corner.
How to progress to the next movement in a Rep Workout:
- Start a rep-based workout.
- Perform the suggested number of repetitions for the current movement.
- Tap the blue arrow in the bottom right corner to progress to the next movement.
HOW DO I ADJUST MY WORKOUT SETTINGS?
Adjust workout settings before a workout:
- Select your desired workout.
- Tap the "Workout Settings" link on the workout details page.
- Use the toggles to adjust your settings.
Adjust workout settings during a workout:
- Start a workout.
- Tap anywhere on the screen, then tap the pause icon.
- Once paused, tap the gear icon on the left to access your workout settings.
- Use the toggles to adjust your settings.
- When you're done, press the back arrow in the top left corner.
- Tap the play icon to resume your workout.
HOW DO I END A WORKOUT WITHOUT FINISHING?
- After starting a workout, tap anywhere on the screen, then tap the pause icon.
- Tap the stop icon on the right.
- Confirm that you want to end the workout.
- View your workout summary totals.
Note: Your workout will automatically end after you complete all movements in the workout.
To receive workout coaching directly to your wearable, you must have a Premium membership and a wearable with a display. Messages will appear on your wearable display, instructing you through the workout.
WHAT STATS ARE SAVED WHEN I COMPLETE A WORKOUT?
After completing a time or rep based workout, your total calorie burn and workout time is captured and saved to your daily totals. If heart rate data was captured during your workout, your average and max heart rate is also recorded.
DO I NEED EXERCISE EQUIPMENT TO USE THE IFIT APP?
Some iFit workouts are designed to use exercise equipment, like dumbbells, kettlebells, pull-up bar, plyo box, etc. If you don't have access to specific equipment, adjust your workout preferences with the equipment you do have access to. You'll only be recommended workouts that match your workout preferences.