With the iFIT app, you can access dozens of features, ranging from Global Workouts and Studio Classes. You can also complete cross-training workouts off your machine, such as yoga, strength sessions, and more. Here, you can learn how to navigate iFIT's workouts and discover all of the iFIT features that are available to you.
- Equipment menu bar
- Trainer-led workout experience
- Workout overview
- Favoriting a workout
- Scheduling a workout
- Global Workouts
- Studio Classes
- On Air (Live Workouts)
- Off-equipment workouts
- How to use the iFIT app on non-iFIT equipment
Equipment menu bar
Located at the top of your Home screen, you can use the equipment menu bar to select your machine type and enter modality mode (a mode that allows you to view machine-applicable programming throughout the entire app).
How to use the equipment menu bar to filter workouts for your machine:
On the Home screen, you will see a top navigation bar with icons labeled TREADMILL, BIKE, ELLIPTICAL, ROWER, and STRENGTH. Tap on your machine type to view recommended workouts for your equipment. Filtered results will appear on both your Home screen and the Library screen (viewable when you select BROWSE from the bottom navigation bar).
Use search and filter to discover workouts that align with whatever workout type you’re in the mood for. Search by type of location, trainer, target area, and more.
How to filter workouts in the iFIT app:
- Navigate to the Home page and use the top menu bar to select your equipment type, then tap BROWSE. Tap the oblong SEARCH bar that appears across the top of your screen.
- Select your desired filters. Filters include: Duration, Trainer, Workout type, Intensity, Target area, Continent, and Environment. From the dropdown menu that appears, refine your search further if you desire.
- Once you are satisfied with your filters, tap SHOW RESULTS. A results' page with workouts that fit your criteria will appear.
Trainer-led workout experience
Take part in an unparalleled fitness experience with 12,000+ interactive video workouts that feature professional fitness trainers.
How to start a workout on the iFIT app:
- On the Home screen, tap on the first workout that is displayed (this is the day’s featured workout). You can also scroll down (phone) or swipe (tablet) to view other workouts. Tap to select a workout. Once you’ve selected, tap the PLAY icon in the upper, left corner.
- Learn how to filter and search for workouts
View the workout overview to get a snapshot of the workout. View statistics, such as what to expect from the workout, who the trainer is, and get a summary of the items you’ll need to complete the workout, such as resistance bands or dumbbells. You can also view members’ workout ratings and comments.
How to view workout overviews:
Tap on any workout card. Once the card has expanded, swipe up on the white banner that reads “Workout details” to view the summary.
Favoriting a workout allows you to easily access it in the future. Your “Favorite” workouts are prioritized in the top row of the iFIT Library.
How to favorite a workout in the iFIT app:
- Tap on any workout card. In the upper right, you will see a white outline of a heart. Tap the heart to favorite that workout. When the heart icon is filled in, it has been successfully favorited. When you tap BROWSE, your favorited workout will be in a white box just under the featured workout of the day labeled “My list.”
Scheduling workouts can help you simplify working out. Pre-scheduled workouts will automatically appear when you turn on your machine, making it easy for you to instantly get moving and make the most of your dedicated workout time.
How to schedule a workout in the iFIT app:
Tap on any workout card. In the upper right, you will see a white outline of a calendar page with a plus sign. Tap the calendar to schedule that workout. In the calendar that appears, select the day you would like to complete the workout.
There are two ways to view scheduled workouts:
- On the day of a scheduled workout, the workout will appear on your Home screen.
- To view workouts not scheduled on the current day, go to the CALENDAR to view the workouts that you have scheduled.
Experience trainer-led workouts in beautiful, global locales. From the glaciers of Iceland to the beaches of Tahiti, these one-of-a-kind workouts are designed to immerse and transport you.
How to start a Global Workout on the iFIT app:
- Global Workouts are intermixed throughout the iFIT Library. Simply tap on a workout card featuring a global location to get started.
Take part in high-energy Studio Classes that simulate the feel of interactive, in-person, boutique-style gym workouts.
- Studio Classes are intermixed throughout the iFIT Library. Simply tap on a workout card featuring a class to get started.
On Air (Live Workouts)
Join energetic, group-style studio classes led by motivational iFIT Trainers in real time.
How to start a Live Workout on the iFIT app:
- On the Home page, tap ON AIR on the bottom navigation bar. Tap on the calendar to select a date and view what workouts will be live on that day. If a workout is about to start or is currently in session, you will be able to tap the PLAY icon and join the class.
Expand your practice beyond your machine with fitness programming that isn’t equipment-based, ranging from yoga to strength training. Take your routine outdoors with audio-only workouts or clear your mind with iFIT's mental health programming, ranging from meditation to bedtime stories.
There are two ways to access off-equipment workouts on the iFIT app:
- On the Home screen, you will see a top navigation bar with icons labeled TREADMILL, BIKE, ELLIPTICAL, ROWER, and STRENGTH. Tap on any machine icon to view a mix of workouts recommended for that machine, as well as a variety of workouts that do not require a machine. Scroll to view recommended, non-connected workouts.
- If you’d like to refine your search more, tap BROWSE, then tap the SEARCH button that appears in the center bottom of the screen to apply filters. Select the filter “Workout type” to apply sub-filters like “Strength,” “Mental health,” and “Audio only.”
If you want to use the iFIT app while working out on equipment other than an iFIT-enabled machine, you can with the iFIT app.
How to use the iFIT app on equipment that is not enabled with iFIT:
- Open the iFIT app, then select and start a workout. You will be prompted to choose if you would like to pair your device to the machine or not. Select “Continue without pairing” to begin your workout. You will enter a simulation mode in which you are responsible for increasing or decreasing your resistance or incline to match the trainer.