iFIT is now compatible with Strava! Activities recorded in Strava will now sync to iFIT and activities performed in iFIT will also be sent to Strava, keeping all of your workout histories up to date.
Connecting your iFIT account to Strava
Before you begin, please note that the Strava connection must be initially established from the iFIT app on your smartphone.
Once the connection has been established, all of your iFIT activities from any iFIT-enabled equipment that are signed in to your account will sync to Strava whenever you open the iFIT app on your smartphone.
- Open the iFIT app on your smartphone.
- From the iFIT app, navigate to the Settings menu and select Connected Apps > Strava > Connect.
- You will be prompted to log in with your Strava credentials.
- After logging in, select Authorize.
- Your iFIT and Strava accounts are now connected. All of your activities will now be synchronized between iFIT and Strava.
- Select Done.
Two-Way Synchronization: iFIT and Strava are capable of two-way synchronization. This means that activities recorded in Strava will sync to iFIT and activities performed in iFIT will also be synced to Strava, keeping all of your workout histories up to date on both platforms. NOTE: Strava activities synced to iFIT will be private and only visible to the account member who owns the activity.
- If you want to customize your activity, including import and export settings between iFIT and Strava, you can adjust the Permissions toggle on and off.
- To post workout activities to Strava, ensure the toggle is switched on. To stop posting workout activities, switch the toggle off.
- To import workout activities from Strava, ensure the toggle is switched on. To stop importing workout activities, switch the toggle off.
Disconnecting your iFIT and Strava Accounts
- From the iFIT app, navigate to the Settings menu and select Connected Apps > Strava > Disconnect.
- When a system pop-up box appears asking you to confirm your selection, select Remove.
- Your iFIT and Strava accounts are now disconnected. Your activities will no longer be synchronized between iFIT and Strava.
Will my past activities be synced after connecting my accounts?
At this time, only activities that are recorded after your accounts are connected will be synced between accounts.
If I delete an activity in Strava, will it also delete the activity in iFIT?
Yes, deleting an activity in Strava will delete the activity in iFIT if the activity was initially created in Strava. However, deleting an activity in iFIT will not delete it from Strava.
Why aren't my Strava or iFIT activities syncing?
To begin, make sure you have an active internet connection, then refresh the iFIT and Strava applications. If the activity still does not sync, wait a few hours and then refresh the applications again.
If problems syncing your activities still persist, you may have to reauthorize the connection between iFIT and Strava. To do this, start by fully disconnecting your accounts. Then, reconnect your accounts by following the instructions under “Connecting your iFIT account to Strava.”
Why are some of my workout metrics like calories and distance displayed differently between iFIT and Strava?
Due to the way iFIT and Strava calculate and interpret an activity’s data, certain workout metrics may display differently, even when based on the same activity.
Why is my elevation gain/loss not included on my iFIT workouts posted to Strava?
iFIT video based workouts do not contain GPS data which Strava requires in order to calculate a value for elevation gain.