iFIT can now connect with Apple Health! Activities recorded in Apple Health will now sync to iFIT and activities performed in iFIT will also be sent to Apple Health, keeping all of your workout histories up to date.
Connecting your iFIT account to Apple Health
Before you begin, please note that the Apple Health connection must be initially established from the iFIT app on your iPhone.
Once the connection has been established, all of your iFIT activities from any iFIT-enabled equipment that are signed in to your account will sync to Apple Health whenever you open the iFIT app on your iPhone.
- Open the iFIT app on your iPhone.
- From the iFIT app, navigate to the Settings menu and select Connected Apps > Apple Health > Connect.
- When the Apple Health page displays, select Turn All Categories On.
- Select Allow.
- Your iFIT and Apple Health accounts are now connected. All of your activities will now be synchronized between iFIT and Apple Health.
- Select Done.
Two-Way Synchronization: iFIT and Apple Health are capable of two-way synchronization. This means that activities recorded in Apple Health will sync to iFIT and activities performed in iFIT will also be synced to Apple Health, keeping all of your workout histories up to date on both platforms.
- If you want to customize your activity and data synchronization settings between iFIT and Apple Health, you can adjust the Permissions toggles within the Apple Health application or within the iOS settings menu.
Disconnecting your iFIT and Apple Health Accounts
- To disconnect your iFIT and Apple Health accounts, go to the Apple Health application or the iOS settings menu and revoke access.
Will my past activities be synced after connecting my accounts?
At this time, only activities that are recorded after your accounts are connected will be synced between accounts. Workouts entered manually will only be synced if the date and time of the activity occur after Apple Health was connected to iFIT.
If I delete an activity in Apple Health, will it also delete the activity in iFIT?
No, deleting an activity in Apple Health will not delete the activity in iFIT and vice versa.
Why aren't my Apple Health or iFIT activities syncing?
To begin, make sure you have an active internet connection, then refresh the iFIT and Apple Health applications on your iPhone. If the activity still does not sync, wait a few hours, then refresh the applications again.
If problems syncing your activities still persist, you may have to reauthorize the connection between iFIT and Apple Health. To do this, start by fully disconnecting your accounts. Then, reconnect your accounts by following the instructions under “Connecting your iFIT account to Apple Health.”
Why can’t I adjust my data import and export settings for Apple Health in the iFIT app?
At this time, Apple Health does not support adjusting Health settings in a third-party application like iFIT. To customize your activity and data synchronization settings between iFIT and Apple Health, you can adjust the Permissions toggles within the Apple Health application or within the iOS settings menu.
Why are some of my workout metrics like calories and distance displayed differently between iFIT and Apple Health?
Due to the way iFIT and Apple Health calculate and interpret an activity’s data, certain workout metrics may display differently, even when based on the same activity.