iFIT-enabled fitness equipment supports many different types of heart rate monitors from a variety of popular brands. Before attempting to connect, however, it’s important to check with your specific device’s manufacturer to ensure it has Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) connectivity and is compatible with your machine.
NOTE: If you have a NordicTrack Fusion CST, please click here for instructions on connecting your heart rate monitor.
To connect your heart rate monitor to your iFIT-enabled equipment, follow these steps:
- Place the device around your forearm or chest. Consult your monitor’s instruction manual to determine proper positioning.
- Power on the device and allow at least 30 seconds for your machine to automatically scan and connect to your Bluetooth-enabled heart rate monitor.
- Select your desired workout and tap the play button.
- Dismiss the warmup screen by tapping “End Warmup” and your workout will begin.
After your heart rate monitor is connected, you will see your heart rate reading within your workout metrics.
If you’re having issues connecting your heart rate monitor to your iFIT-enabled equipment, try following these troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem.
First, try power cycling your machine by following these steps:
- Disconnect your fitness equipment from power by either unplugging the machine from the outlet or removing the batteries from the console.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect your machine to power.
- Ensure the power switch on your machine (if applicable) is set to the On (Reset) position.
If power cycling your machine did not fix your connectivity issues, check for potential sources of signal interference. Sources of interference may include:
- HVAC equipment
- Radio equipment
- Microwave ovens
- Baby monitors
- Smart home devices
- Other wireless heart rate monitors
You may need to turn these devices off, unpair them, or move them out of range to avoid signal interference between your fitness equipment and heart rate monitor.
Keep in mind, if your heart rate monitor is paired with your phone or tablet, you will need to unpair from this device prior to pairing with your fitness equipment.
In some instances, your heart rate monitor may get a better reading when the contact area is damp. Try using a bit of water or contact lens solution to moisten the contact area between your skin and the electrodes.